Receive Your FREE Case Consultation: (617) 479-8222
› No fee unless we win
› Office locations in North and South Shore MA
› 34+ years experience
› Millions of dollars won for our clients
› Will come to you
At the De Miranda Law Offices P.C., our two biggest concerns is the safety of the community and the well-being of our clients. With over 34 years of experience, our attorneys are well equipped with how to handle each and every case we accept. Through the process of handling a case we make sure at the end of the litigation process that we pursue justice and compensation from the responsible parties so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Things happen, it is our responsibility to make the community a safe place for people to live and work in. Our Law firm makes it possible to ensure the safety of the community and insists that we hold the responsible parties accountable for any activities that may harm or injure people. When Injured or harmed, we make sure that our clients are given a settlement that fully covers the costs of all pain and suffering, and medical costs.
A medical malpractice occurs when a health care professional, hospital, or doctor, through a negligent act or omission, causes an injury to a patient. When an injury is sustained, short term or long term, it may have been a result from the errors in diagnosis, treatment, after care or health management. It is the health care providers responsibility to have a reliable practice and to ensure the safety of their patients.
To be considered medical malpractice under the law, the claim must have the following characteristics:
- A violation of the standard of care – The physician must meet the standard of care.
- An injury was caused by the negligence – The patient must also prove he or she sustained an injury that would not have occurred if the standard of care was honored, and if there was negligence.
- The injury resulted in significant damages – To pursue a medical malpractice claim, the patient must show that the injury resulted in disability, loss of income, unusual pain, suffering, and or significant past and future medical bills.
Some examples of a medial malpractice are below:
- Nursing home neglect
- Pharmacy errors
- Medical misdiagnosis
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Unnecessary surgery
- Surgical errors or wrong site surgery
- Improper medication or dosage
- Poor follow-up or aftercare
- Premature discharge
- Disregarding or not taking appropriate patient history
- Failure to order proper testing
- Failure to recognize symptoms
If you think you have a medical malpractice claim, It is vital to get a copy of your medical records. Any medical documentation relevant to your injury is important pieces of evidence for your claim.
Your next step is to find a reliable firm to handle your case. At the De Miranda Law Offices P.C. we provide a trustworthy service and handle every case with respect, honor, and in a timely matter. With over 30 years of legal experience, Attorney De Miranda will do the best job getting you the justice and compensation you deserve.
Why hire an Attorney?
We have the experience to evaluate your case and give you options and suggestions about what you should do to receive the best compensation for any injuries sustained.
Call us today to schedule a free consultation: (617) 479-8222